About Brendan Crowley
I help businesses and executives reach new heights of leadership and financial excellence.
I’m a native of Ireland who values his Irish heritage and lives in Carmel, Indiana. I am married to Rosaleen and have two adult children, Kenneth and James and a granddaughter, Aubrey.
After completing my formal education, I certified as a Chartered Management Accountant in Ireland. I held various accounting positions in two companies in Ireland before joining the start-up of Eli Lilly and Company in Kinsale, Ireland. My career with Eli Lilly and Company included financial positions in Ireland and the U.K before transferring to Indianapolis in the 90’s.
After holding many leadership positions in Manufacturing, Internal Audit, and Corporate Finance, I embarked on an independent consulting and executive coaching career in 2015. Over the last 15+ years I have additionally pursued a passion for leadership development training and executive coaching.
As a consultant and executive coach, here is a selection of projects I worked on over the last year:
- The development and delivery of a customized financial literacy program to help manufacturing leaders understand the financial triggers and make more informed business decisions. (Large Pharma Site)
- The re-design of various business processes for multiple companies including a Financial Reporting Process and a Business Case Evaluation process.
- Spoke at a career development workshop for high potential talent at a large Pharma corporation.
- Coached executives in multiple companies to improve their effectiveness, maximize their performance and advance their careers.
As a controller at multiple manufacturing sites in the U.S and Internationally, I lead the following:
- Financial oversight of a major international manufacturing site construction project and the implementation of financial processes.
- Financial Control and Business Planning processes for many $100m+ financial budgets.
- Built a capital decision management process to optimize the use of capital resources.
- An initiative to strengthen lead team structures and operational effectiveness.
As a corporate director in the manufacturing and financial component, I lead the following:
- Key financial analysis and business partnering for strategic decisions to expand and/or rationalize facilities.
- Target setting and business partner support for $1billion+ of annual spending.
- A project to redesign WW product costing and build and implement a fully integrated solution in SAP.
- Financial alliance management for a $100m+ contract with a CMO manufacturer.
- A project to re-design and implement purchase to pay and order to cash processes in SAP.
- A project to improve morale and performance in a large financial operations group.
As someone with a passion for leadership development, I did the following:
- Became certified as a coach with the Coach Training Alliance and coached many executives for performance growth and delivering results.
- Became certified as a trainer of The Ken Blanchard Company “Situational Leadership” program and Vital Smarts “Crucial Conversations” program.
- Instructed many classes and facilitated workshops over a 15+ year period.
- Recruited, developed and coached talent over my whole career.
- Spoke on various leadership development topics. For example: “Career Development”; “Coaching”; and “Crucial Conversations” in many forums: at several Internal Audit seminars, a Women’s Network Forum, an African American Leadership Forum, and many others.
CFO Award at Eli Lilly and Company (2008) for outstanding leadership in the financial component.
Top Lilly Instructor for Situation Leadership at Eli Lilly and Company (2007)
Brendan and I worked closely together for the last 10 years, supporting the Global Manufacturing Component and some Business Areas of Eli Lilly and Company. Not only did he deliver great business results and help influence the business strategy and direction in a positive way, but a large number of business colleagues and leaders benefited from his coaching, counsel, and encouragement.
Brendan has a passion for improving financial results, coaching others, and helping people work better together. In addition, he has consistently received very positive feedback on the value of his training and facilitation workshops, focused on conversation skills, career and leadership development.Martin Bott